Event Coordinator for Microsoft (Maternity Cover)
Are you experienced with coordinating projects, and can you collaborate with a range of teams, stakeholders, and clients? Do you have a strong sense of initiative, an eye for detail, and a passion for perfectly executed digital events? Then you might be the Event Coordinator we’re looking for to join our Microsoft team in Stockholm.
What will your day look like?
In the role as Event Coordinator, you will be the point of contact when it comes to the execution of all digital events for the Western Europe area. In addition, you will be the subject matter expert in modern marketing tools and services in the market.
You will be responsible for bringing together different elements to execute event briefs in a joined-up approach, which addresses client objectives and business challenges. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Project coordination, execution, and management of digital events. This includes ensuring control and execution on time as well as coordinating materials (e.g., decks, videos, captioning, etc.) for digital events
- Acting as the subject matter expert on event platforms through corporate support and self-training
- Training marketers on the utility of event platforms and educating local stakeholders on event services and tool capabilities
- Planning events, including getting all materials ready, coordinating dry runs for each event, identifying potential issues before events, reporting on issues to request support as needed, etc.
- Reporting to provide specific reviews and information to stakeholders, including budgeting, spending, etc.
- Obtaining insights and analyzing marketing activities to find patterns, best practices, and efficiencies
- Ensuring a strong client-agency relationship; ensuring satisfaction and growth of the client account. An understanding of the clients’ business and marketing objectives is crucial, specifically the programs you are working on.
Please note that this position is a maternity/paternity leave cover, and that the employment will be fixed term.
Who are you going to work with?
You will be working for Microsoft, a leading technology brand, managing all aspects of the client relationship. You will be reporting to Wunderman Thompson’s Western Europe Team Lead and work closely with local Microsoft stakeholders on a daily basis.
Event Coordinators work in ‘blended’ teams and as such, you will be collaborating regularly with local team members, global peers, and multinational executional teams across the globe within the Wunderman Thompson network as well as the local and global Microsoft environment.
What do you bring to the table?
You have an appreciation and interest in marketing automation and events. You are a team player, who can collaborate with various teams on a local and global level, but also work under your own initiative. As a person, you are detail-oriented, with the ability to think through the right workflows, while simultaneously managing a large volume of operational excellence tasks to support the event focus within the company. In addition, you have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree combined with a marketing and/or communication background
- 4-7 years of experience with project or event coordination
- Excellent client-management, client-facing and project management skills enabling you to co-ordinate with multiple teams
- A strong sense of initiative, proactivity and ability to work under pressure
- An interest in working in a global fast-paced environment
- Excellent adaptation skills and the ability to prioritize when needed
- Fluency in English, as you will be working with local stakeholders.
A leader in personalised customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading Center of Excellence that helps large businesses humanise the relationship between the brand and the customer through hyper Personalisation at scale, Marketing Automation and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer-centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 800+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets.