Discover Manager for Microsoft in Oslo
Are you passionate about marketing and digital events? Can you see yourself being an integral part of Microsoft’s impactful Discover Program with the task of conveying the value of Microsoft’s product suite and solutions to customers through Microsoft’s Discover workshops? Are you skilled at managing relations and can you collaborate across a variety of teams – both on a local and global level? Then you might be the Discover Manager we’re looking for to join our Microsoft team in Oslo!
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Thompson Centre of Excellence (CoE) for personalisation is a unique organisation, delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships.
With the brain of a consultancy and the heart of an agency, we work with some of the world’s most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma and finance.
What will your day look like?
In the role as Discover Manager, you will help the sales and marketing teams deliver on business impact thanks to the Microsoft Discover workshops. These immersive workshops are designed for customers to experience and understand Microsoft’s product suite, solutions, and how to best use market trends and Microsoft expertise.
Through the Discover workshop customer journey, the value of Microsoft’s solutions is conveyed to customers by providing them with hands-on experiences; the customers’ needs are mapped to Microsoft’s portfolio and allow the customers to experience Microsoft’s solutions in-person and in virtual sessions (Discover workshops), which are delivered by partners or Microsoft personnel, either in Microsoft offices or at partners’ sites. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Facilitating the planning and execution of local Discover workshops in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Connecting with partners and customers
- Managing logistics, i.e. booking workshop rooms, selecting partners, obtaining speaker confirmations, catering, etc.
- Maintaining internal awareness, i.e. demonstrating the value of Discover workshops to internal audiences using a variety of tools to drive understanding, contributing with awareness to sales, marketing, and partner teams, and conveying key messages such as ‘The value to our customers’, ‘What’s in it for our sales teams?’, and ‘What’s in it for the partner?’
- Collaborating across groups, including business groups leads, sales and partner teams as well as the CMO, in order to go through the status of the program, to plan, and to evaluate results
- Reporting on the impact of the Discover marketing program as there is a direct correlation between the program and influenced revenue
- Ensuring a strong client-agency relationship, ensuring satisfaction and growth of the client account. An understanding of the clients’ business and marketing objectives is crucial, specifically the programmes you are working on.
Who are you going to work with?
You will be working for Microsoft, a leading technology brand, managing all aspects of the client relationship. You will be reporting into Wunderman Thompson’s Western Europe Team Lead and work closely with local Microsoft stakeholders on a daily basis.
We have a community of 13 Discover Program Managers across Western Europe. Discover Managers work in ‘blended’ teams and as such, you will be collaborating regularly with local team members, global peers, and multinational executional teams across the globe within the Wunderman Thompson network as well as the local and global Microsoft environment.
What do you bring to the table?
You have an appreciation and interest in marketing automation and digital events. You are a team player, who can collaborate with various teams on a local and global level, but also work under your own initiative. As a person, you are detail-oriented, with the ability to think through the right workflows, while simultaneously managing a large volume of operational excellence tasks to support the event focus within the company. In addition, you have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree combined with a marketing and/or communication background
- 1-3 years of experience with project management
- Excellent client-management, client-facing, and project management skills enabling you to co-ordinate with multiple teams
- A strong sense of initiative, proactivity, and ability to work under pressure
- A business understanding and an interest in working in a global fast-paced environment
- Excellent adaptation skills and the ability to prioritize when needed
- Fluency in English and Norwegian, as you will be working with local stakeholders.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson CoE for personalisation, we are 500+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Center of Excellence for personalised customer experience and marketing automation.