Senior Data Engineer
Are you a Senior Data Engineer with a passion for knowledge graphs? Are you interested in working with the largest global brands and complex challenges in the media analytics space? Then you might be the Senior Data Engineer we’re looking for!
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Thompson Marketing Automation & Personalization Centre of Excellence (MAP CoE) is a unique organization, delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world’s most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma, and finance.
What will your day look like?
As our new Senior Data Engineer, you will become part of our growing Data, Insights and AI team. Here, you will employ new technologies across multiple cloud platforms to help successful brands reach their next level in 1:1 retargeting, communication and CRM. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Collaborating with third parties to identify data sources and profiles
- Quantifying quality of data sources, developing tools to prepare data and building data pipelines for integrating media data sources
- With full autonomy, working with billions of nodes across huge unstructured datasets and constructing graph-structured data models
- Being the heart of complex data processing and machine learning projects within the media domain across different architectures
- Thinking out-of-the-box and overcoming engineering obstacles while incorporating new innovative design principles
- Building and maintaining batch and real-time ETL pipelines in a Google Cloud Platform architecture (BigQuery, Dataproc, Firestore, etc.).
Who are you going to work with?
You will join a team of highly skilled engineers, data scientists and consultants who are passionate about unlocking insights from data through analytics. You will also get to work closely with experts from other technology, creative and client teams.
What do you bring to the table?
As a person, you have a team player mindset and an open-minded attitude. You can communicate ideas and technical topics honestly and clearly – also to non-experts – while respecting the views of others on the team. You are eager to understand and find solutions, allowing you to quickly adapt to changing situations and come up with new ideas. At the same time, you solve problems in an analytical and pragmatic manner. Moreover, you have:
- 5+ years of experience within data engineering, big data or similar
- Solid programming skills in Scala, Java, C++, Python or similar
- 1+ year of experience with deployment to GCP, AWS or other cloud solutions, preferably within the advanced analytics domain
- Practical experience with all or some of the following:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Data processing with Apache Beam/Spark
- Knowledge Graphs
- Experience with processing large unstructured datasets – preferably media, web analytics, publishing, advertising, marketing or similar
- Tools: Athena, Redshift and/or, BigQuery.
- Exceptional English skills, both spoken and in writing.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP CoE, we are 600+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Center of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.