Event & Marketing Coordinator for Microsoft in Copenhagen/Stockholm (Parental Leave Cover)
Are you passionate about marketing, events and the use of technology in an educational setting? Do you have excellent relationship management skills, and can you collaborate across a variety of teams – both on a local and global level? Then you might be the Event & Marketing Coordinator we are looking for to join our Microsoft team in Copenhagen or Stockholm!
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Thompson Marketing Automation & Personalisation Centre of Excellence (MAP CoE) is a unique organisation, delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world’s most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma and finance.
What will your day look like?
In the role as Event & Marketing Coordinator, you will be employed by Wunderman Thompson to act as Microsoft’s point of contact for all marketing communications and events execution for the education sector in several Western European markets.
You will be responsible for bringing together the different elements in order to execute event briefs in a joined-up approach, which addresses client objectives and business challenges. Through support and self-training, you will become the subject-matter expert on Microsoft’s event platforms as well as modern marketing tools and services. This will also allow you to train and educate others on Microsoft’s event services and tool capabilities. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Developing project plans and coordinating local marketing executions
- Engaging with execution teams and local agencies to manage marketing services
- Reviewing content for local relevance, brand, accessibility and privacy compliance
- Interpreting business objectives and advising on instrumentation and reporting requirements, including timelines, end actions, tools and services
- Supporting local markets on the creation of customer journeys related to events, including targeting lists for invitations, pre- and post-event follow-ups, etc.
- Planning events, i.e. getting materials in advance, coordinating with speakers, running dry runs to identify and solve possible issues, looking across markets to find patterns, best practices and efficiencies
- Maintaining the local events calendar and coordinating the connection to the global events calendar
- Leveraging reports to provide event insights and data to analyze and summarize performance and key event statistics and successes
- Using reporting to provide specific reviews and information to stakeholders, including budgets and spends, operational health and engine performance
- Coordinating and ensuring ongoing compliance with the local Privacy Lead
- Ensuring a strong client-agency relationship as well as satisfaction and growth of the client account.
Please note that this role is a role of limited duration as we are looking for a parental leave cover (maternity / paternity cover).
Who are you going to work with?
Event & Marketing Coordinators work in ‘blended’ teams and as such, you will be collaborating with local team members, global peers and multinational executional teams across the globe within the Wunderman Thompson network as well as local and global Microsoft environment. You will be reporting into Wunderman Thompson Western Europe Team Lead and work closely with the local Microsoft Education Marketing Lead.
What do you bring to the table?
Based out of Copenhagen or Stockholm, you have an appreciation and interest in marketing automation and events. You are also passionate about the use of technology in an educational setting. You are a team player who can collaborate with various teams on a local and global level, but also work under your own initiative. As a person, you are detail-oriented with the ability to think through the right workflows, while simultaneously managing a large volume of operational excellence tasks to support the event focus within the company. In addition, you have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree combined with a marketing and/or communication background
- 1-2 years of experience with project coordination
- Stakeholder management and client facing skills enabling you to coordinate and collaborate with several multinational teams
- A strong sense of initiative, proactivity and ability to work under pressure
- A business understanding and an interest in working in a global fast-paced environment
- Quick adaptation skills and the ability to prioritize when needed
- Excellent English skills
- Swedish language skills is also a plus, but not a requirement.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP CoE, we are 600+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Centre of Excellence for personalised customer experience and marketing automation.