Event Coordinator for Microsoft in Copenhagen
Are you passionate about marketing, digital events and customer journeys? Would you like to help sales and marketing teams deliver on business impact thanks to the Microsoft Discover workshops? Are you skilled at managing relations and can you collaborate across a variety of teams – both on a local and global level? Then you might be the Event Coordinator we’re looking for to join our Microsoft team in Copenhagen.
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Thompson Marketing Automation & Personalisation Centre of Excellence (MAP CoE) is a unique organisation, delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world’s most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma and finance.
What will your day look like?
In the role as Event Coordinator, you will be employed by Wunderman Thompson to help Microsoft’s sales and marketing teams deliver on business impact thanks to Microsoft’s Discover workshops. These are hands-on immersive workshops for customers to experience and understand Microsoft’s product suite, solutions and how to best use market trends and Microsoft expertise to achieve aspirations. Discover workshops are either in-person or virtual sessions delivered by Partners or by Microsoft personnel, either in Microsoft Offices, at partners’ sites or online. As an Event Coordinator, you are not expected to deliver Discover workshops. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Facilitating the planning and execution of local Discover workshops in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Connecting with partners and customers
- Managing logistics, i.e. booking workshop rooms, selecting partners, obtaining speaker confirmations, catering, etc.
- Demonstrating the value of Discover workshops to internal audiences through awareness sessions to sales, marketing and partner teams - conveying key messages such as ‘the value to our customers’, ‘what’s in it for our sales teams?’, and ‘what’s in it for the partner?’
- Collaborating across groups, including business groups leads, sales and marketing teams as well as partners in order to plan, go through the status of the program and to evaluate results
- Reporting on the impact of the Discover program as there is a direct correlation between the program and influenced revenue
- Ensuring a strong client-agency relationship as well as satisfaction and growth of the client account.
Who are you going to work with?
You will be working for Microsoft, a leading technology brand, managing all aspects of the client relationship. You will be reporting into Wunderman Thompson’s Western Europe Event Team Lead and work closely with local Microsoft stakeholders on a daily basis.
We have a community of 13 Discover workshop Event Coordinators across Western Europe's 12 subsidiaries. Event Coordinators work in ‘blended’ teams and as such, you will be collaborating regularly with local team members, global peers, and multinational executional teams across the globe within the Wunderman Thompson network as well as the local and global Microsoft environment.
What do you bring to the table?
You have an appreciation and interest in marketing automation, digital events and technology. You are a team player who can collaborate with various teams on a local and global level, but also work under your own initiative. As a person, you are detail-oriented with the ability to think through the right workflows, while simultaneously managing a large volume of operational excellence tasks to support the event focus within the company. In addition, you have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree combined with a marketing and/or communication background
- 1-2 years of experience with project coordination
- Stakeholder management and client facing skills enabling you to coordinate and collaborate with several multinational teams
- A strong sense of initiative, proactivity and ability to work under pressure
- A business understanding and an interest in working in a global fast-paced environment
- Quick adaptation skills and the ability to prioritize when needed
- Fluency in English and Danish as you will be working with local stakeholders.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP CoE, we are 600+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Centre of Excellence for personalised customer experience and marketing automation.