Would you like to become an expert in cross-channel marketing execution? Do you have an eye for detail and experience in production management? Are you looking for a job in a dynamic, ambitious environment with great opportunities for professional development? Then you might be our new colleague in Marketing Operations in Copenhagen!
A leader in personalized customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson Marketing Automation & Personalization Centre of Excellence (MAP CoE) helps large brands create personalized omnichannel customer experiences at scale.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma and finance.
As a world leader in marketing automation, personalization, CRM, loyalty and campaign management, we work closely with globally leading marketing technology vendors such as Adobe, Google and Salesforce, to continuously create cutting-edge marketing solutions and enhance our offering to our clients.
What will your day look like?
As Workforce Planner for the Marketing Operations department, you will work with our team to ensure we have the right talent at the right time and can deliver with success. You will also drive projects to improve our resource management systems, manage change and load balance with the goal of delivering all projects on budget. You will be responsible for:
- Managing resources in alignment with client scope of work and financial constraints
- Maintaining an overview of marketing operations capacity across clients and centers
- Tracking budgets and identify fluctuations in patterns
- Defining a framework for the daily reallocation of resources
- Reporting on the department’s forecasts vs. actual results
- Being the central point of contact to distribute ad-hoc projects where applicable
- Communicating important business information and requirements to multiple teams.
The job is a fulltime position (37 hours per week).
Who are you going to work with?
You will join about 300 skilled colleagues in Marketing Operations who are always ready to help each other. We are proud of our easy-going, dynamic and multicultural environment where we not only work hard together – but are also great at having fun.
What do you bring to the table?
You are a proactive person who thrives under pressure and can see the big picture while paying attention to details. You have experience of resource management, a background in production and capacity management, a proven track record of creating best practices for production teams, strong cross-cultural communication, and strong problem-solving skills. You should also have:
- 4+ years of experience in resource and/or capacity management in an agency or in-house creative team
- Experience of resourcing a broad range of projects with varying complexity
- 4+ years of experience of tracking multiple global projects
- 4+ years of hands-on work with contractual language and requirements
- 4+ years of experience with budget tracking, reporting and invoicing processes
- Strong communication skills in English
- The ability to gain buy-in for new initiatives
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP CoE, we are 700+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts and creative minds. We represent 40+ nationalities, and we collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network of 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and we are proud to be the Global Centre of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.
At Wunderman Thompson MAP CoE, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued, and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset, our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.