Global Operations Director
Are you a strategic leader with a passion for digital solutions? Do you have a solid technical understanding and experience managing digital marketing processes at scale? If you answered yes to all the above, this could be a career opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced Global Operations Director to lead our team and shape the overall strategy for our best-in-class setup within marketing operations at Wunderman Thompson MAP, a young, dynamic and international environment.
What will your day look like?
The Global Operations Manager is responsible for driving operational excellence and optimizing processes across the department. This role is one that requires a large amount of stakeholder liaising both internally and externally. As Global Operations Manager, you will take part in several strategic decisions and product conceptualizations.
More specifically, your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing daily operations and client services across 5 offices
- Managing a global team of Operations managers
- Managing stakeholder needs, working closely with client services, tech leads and other senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Overseeing clients’ global scope, relationships, and opportunities to grow and optimize
- Building a team and managing capacity globally
- Setting a vision for the team
- Reviewing and optimizing processes to improve the setup
- Recruiting and managing the professional development of employees through coaching and support.
Since we operate in a global environment with clients across multiple time zones, we expect you to be flexible with a can-do attitude. You must be available to travel frequently.
Our offices are based in Copenhagen, Lisbon, Toronto, Bangkok and we are opening another location shortly. This role is based out of Copenhagen with a lot of freedom and flexibility to manage your own schedule, but we also want to see you in the office.
Who are you going to work with?
The successful candidate will be joining a team of 320+ skilled colleagues who are always ready to help each other. We are proud of our easy-going, dynamic, and multicultural environment where we not only work hard together – we are also great at having fun.
As part of marketing operations, you will be working with colleagues from all over the world, supporting multiple functions from client services, innovation, data insights and HR. Our goal in marketing operations is to deliver value to our 20+ global clients at high efficiency, all while maintaining the utmost quality as we deliver billions of messages each year.
What do you bring to the table?
You must be detail-oriented and skilled at identifying new opportunities. You are excited about empowering and enabling a growing organization. Consequently, you are a person with a proven record of building company culture – you are familiar with working in an environment with creatives just as well as data-driven minds.
In addition, you have:
- A proven ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships (minimum 4-6 years)
- Demonstrated experience managing global teams (minimum 4-6 years)
- Experience with digital marketing and good understanding of marketing automation
- Solid experience with digital production or commercialization of services
- Experience with process optimization
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to lead projects
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation platforms is a bonus, such as Salesforce, Adobe or Braze
- Experience working in a multicultural organization
- Excellent communication skills in English are a must.
A leader in personalised customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading Centre of Excellence that helps large businesses humanise the relationship between the brand and the customer through hyper Personalisation at scale, Marketing Automation and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer-centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 800+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets.