Marketing Science Lead
Are you excited by the potential of modern marketing datasets to create new customer insights? Does your mind often swell with innovative methodologies and experiments for digital customer experiences? Are you able to assess a marketing dataset’s value to improving those experiences and then lead a team to make your vision a reality? If so, you may be the Marketing Science Lead we are looking for!
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Thompson Marketing Automation & Personalisation Centre of Excellence (MAP CoE) is a unique organisation, delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world’s most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma and finance.
What will your day look like?
As our Marketing Science Lead, you will join our new Integrated Marketing team to advise some of the world’s largest marketing organizations to build tech, data, and analytics solutions for stronger customer relationships. Your data science experience and marketing domain knowledge will bring a valued perspective to our mission of transforming a business’s data siloes into integrated advantages. You will bridge the worlds of product development and our client projects, to ensure our products remain ahead of industry demand and our clients remain ahead of their competition.
In this role, you will lead projects to advise clients and colleagues on marketing measurement, attribution, and experimentation best practices. You will help clients and teams build unique data-driven marketing tools featuring predictive and prescriptive modeling. Teams will use the outputs of your models to build audience segments, make product recommendations, and optimize promotional strategies.
Success in the role is about empowering our clients to better understand their customers’ expectations, behaviours, and business value. This entails ideating, designing, specifying, modelling, analyzing, presenting, and leading valuable projects to improve client’s marketing performance. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Sr Product Director of Integrated Marketing, to design a new propretary bottom-up performance model utilizing a host of data types (CRM, web analytics, media performance, and more) to optimize digital campaign metrics to drive clients’ brand and sales goals
- Support the team in the design, development, and analysis of digital marketing experiences and experiments
- Develop machine learning operations to identify patterns and trends across previously siloed data sets, to uncover new customer insights for our clients
- Build multi-touch attribution models, using unique first-party customer identifiers, to demonstrate digital campaigns’ incremental value to building the lifetime value of a customer
- Work with client teams to support data-driven decisions that will improve business’ bottom-lines.
- Be a subject matter expert on advanced analytics and their value to digital marketing performance
Who are you going to work with?
You will be part of a new, entrepreneurial team, operating as the link between the core Marketing Automation and Personalization product and our various in-house specialists. You will play a crucial part in growing our Integrated Marketing business, working closely with our Data & Cloud teams, Audience & CRM experts, as well as Data Scientists & Marketing Operations.
We are proud of our multicultural environment and easy-going, dynamic atmosphere where we not only work together – we are great at having fun as well.
What do you bring to the table?
We are looking for someone who in a [mad] scientist at heart, someone who knows the future requires humans and machines seamlessly working together. As a person, you are detailed, logical, adaptive, proactive, and thorough, enabling you to see innovative possibilities in the tiniest details. As a subject matter expert – capture, model, automate, and optimize are a few of your favorite words. Not only can you conceptualize and structure digital data strategies, you are also able to convey the value of these to clients and colleagues. Specifically, you have:
- A demonstrable hands-on data science skillset and a solid understanding of digital marketing
- Strong interest in connecting data across siloes, fusing with CRM to optimize experiences. Interested in designing experience experiments to keep our business on the cutting edge of this area
- Solid ML programming skills, and the desire to improve them
- Experience with cloud environments and strong interest in it
- Ability to translate data into strategic insights, and insights into valuable actions
- Strong proficiency with: data science programming languages (Python, SQL, etc.) machine learning, multi-touch attribution, multivariate testing, digital performance metrics, and Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with: Google Analytics, Google Marketing Platform, Customer Data Platforms, and audience/content/creative analysis
- 5+ years of experience in data science, digital marketing, or another relevant field.
- College degree in the field of mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science, or another relevant quantitative field.
- A logical, detail-oriented, and organized approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are 700+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Centre of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.