Ad-Tech & Analytics Consultant
Are you excited by digital marketing’s evolution and its potential to build intelligent customer relationships? Does your mind often swell with technology and analytics strategies that can transform how marketers understand their customers? Do you feel it’s important to improve user experiences without compromising the transparent value exchange of the internet? If so, you may be the Ad-Tech and Analytics Consultant we are looking for!
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Thompson Marketing Automation & Personalisation Centre of Excellence (MAP CoE) is a unique organisation, delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world’s most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma and finance.
What will your day look like?
As our Ad-Tech & Analytics Consultant, you will join our new Integrated Marketing team to advise some of the world’s largest marketing organizations to build tech, data, and analytics solutions for stronger customer relationships. Your ad-tech and digital media domain knowledge will bring a valued perspective to our mission of transforming clients’ businesses and data siloes into integrated advantages. You will bridge the worlds of product development and our client projects to ensure our products remain ahead of industry demand, and our clients remain ahead of their competition.
In this role, you will lead projects to advise clients and colleagues on ad tech platform capabilities, data capture/management best practices, platform integrations, and audience activation opportunties, and media/content optimizations with Google or other leading vendors. You will help clients and teams to deploy online marketing technologies, to open a world of new opportunties for digital brands.
Success in the role is about enabling our clients to achieve their business outcomes through advanced ad tech deployment strategies. This entails ideating, designing, assessing, analyzing, presenting, and leading valuable projects to improve client’s data capture and analytics capabilities. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Sr Product Director of Integrated Marketing, to design data capture frameworks atop ad-tech and mar-tech tools (web analytics platforms, tag deployment, UTM parameters, server-to-server integrations, etc.) for our proprietary product development
- Lead discovery sessions with both technical and non-technical clients to understand their business objectives, ideate how to meet those complex objectives with smart data-driven technical solutions, and translate those solutions into straight-forward technology requirements
- Assess data strategies and architectures, then educate stakeholders on the value and methodologies of the appropriate solutions
- Consult on the deployment, management, integration, and upgrades of solutions like Google Analytics, ad servers, tag management systems, GCP, DSPs, CDPs, DMPs, and third-party data vendors to create measurement and activation advantages for our clients
- Partner with the digital strategists and data scientists to build a new propretary bottom-up performance attribution model to drive clients’ brand and sales goals online
- Support the team in the design, development, and analysis of digital marketing experiences and experiments
- Proactively ideate and recommend innovative capabilities
Who are you going to work with?
You will be part of a new, entrepreneurial team, operating as the link between the core Marketing Automation and Personalization product and our various in-house specialists. Our Integrated Marketing team specializes in data-driven personalized digital customer relationships in digital environments across the web. You will play a crucial part in growing our Integrated Marketing business, working closely with our Data & Cloud teams, Audience & CRM experts, as well as Data Scientists & Marketing Operations.
We are proud of our multicultural environment and easy-going, dynamic atmosphere where we not only work together – we are great at having fun as well.
What do you bring to the table?
We are looking for someone who in a technologist at heart, someone who knows the future is digital and wants to usher others into that future one pixel at a time. As a person, you are detailed, logical, adaptive, proactive, and thorough; enabling you to see innovative possibilities in the tiniest details. As a subject matter expert – capture, model, automate, and optimize are a few of your favorite words. Not only can you conceptualize and structure digital data strategies, you are also able to convey the value of these to clients and colleagues. Specifically, you have:
- Strong interest in connecting data across siloes, fusing with CRM to optimize experiences. Interested in designing experience experiments to keep Wunderman Thompson MAP on the cutting edge of this area
- Experience with conceptualizing and communicating technological solutions; the ability to translate tech requirements into their potential for performance improvements
- Demonstrable hands-on analytical skillset and a solid understanding of digital marketing
- Ability to coordinate, implement, and/or troubleshoot pixels for tracking and measurement: QA digital media campaign setup, UTM parameters, floodlight tags, third party pixels
- Proficiency with: Google Marketing Platform, Google Analytics (UTM tagging, measurement protocol, etc.) DSPs, DMPs, data onboarders, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical client-facing role, working with large, complex organizations; specializing in marketing, advertising technology, ad operations, digital media, ecommerce, or another relevant field
- College degree in the field of business, computer science, or another relevant field
- A logical, detail-oriented, and organized approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are 700+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Centre of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.