Are you passionate about communication, sales processes, and project management? Do you have a strategic mindset, and do you get motivated by knowing what you deliver has a true business impact? Then you might be the Response Manager we are looking for to our Growth team!
What will your day look like?
As our new Response Manager, you will be playing a key role in driving forward all pitch processes and ensuring both the highest quality and impact of our proposals to new clients. You will be driving the pitch processes from A-Z from initial qualification of opportunities to actual production and submission of our response. Your role will therefore be diverse, as you will both have the responsibility as project manager of the proposal processes, but will also be contributing to the production and design of the proposal. As Response Manager, it will be key that you have strong communication skills (both written and visual) and that you know how to lead and set the direction for the pitch team.
Your days will be characterised by high pace and dynamic ways of working, and you will experience a steep learning curve from engaging with a wide range of specialists across data, technology, content, and operations. Your role will be key to bringing together the team and succeeding with winning new clients.
Pitch processes vary a lot in length and scope, so depending on the pitch process, the tasks will include:
- Project Management: Driving the process end-to-end throughout the pitch and leading and coordinating the pitch team (from qualification and kick-off and review sessions and submissions and presentations)
- Research and qualification: Participating in initial meetings (e.g. discover meetings & Q&A sessions) with the clients and conducting research to support a thorough understanding and qualification of the client and opportunity
- Pitch concept: Co-defining the pitch strategy with the pitch team and defining the overall format for pitching
- Proposal production: Content production and copywriting – either as independent contributions (where specific specialist knowledge is not necessary) or as support to contributions from specialist teams
- Visual design: Graphic design of the proposal (PowerPoint) and supporting presentations
- Quality assurance: Ensuring the proposal complies with all requirements
- Post-pitch activities: Coordinating and facilitating debriefs and follow-up activities post pitching
- Ad hoc: Managing and maintaining various slide libraries, case studies, pitch input documents etc. and updating CRM systems.
Who are you going to work with?
At the Wunderman Thompson MAP headquarters in Copenhagen, you will work closely with our COO and our Growth team (focused on new business), but to a large extent also the entire Wunderman Thompson MAP organisation. You will become part of a dynamic and international environment where you will get plenty of opportunities to develop your personal and professional skills.
Your work will depend on collaboration with the broader team, which means that you may also get to collaborate with experts from our other offices in the UK, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Spain, Portugal, Canada and Thailand. We are a leader within our field and are a transformation partner for some of the most admired brands in the world.
What do you bring to the table?
You bring experience from previous roles within bid management, pitch teams or other new-business focused teams and/or as a consultant in an agency or consultancy, that gives you a strong understanding of the business. As a person, you are a positive and sociable team player with a self-starter and can-do mentality, and you enjoy being in high-paced environments. You are detail-oriented with a structured approach to your work, you take your responsibility seriously and always go the extra mile to succeed with what you have set out to accomplish. In addition:
- You have +2 years of experience with bid management, proposal/pitch processes or other new-business related areas and/or as a consultant in an agency or consultancy
- You have extensive experience with project management
- You have experience with working both independently, but also collaborating with many different specialists
- You have excellent communication skills both in written communication and visual design
- You are expert user of Powerpoint and in general a competent user of the entire Microsoft Office suite
- You are a true team player that thrives from bringing together people
- You are highly passionate about creating business impact
- You have excellent fluency in English.
Experience and interest in marketing and a technical understanding is an advantage, but not a requirement.
A leader in personalised customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading Centre of Excellence that helps large businesses humanise the relationship between the brand and the customer through hyper Personalisation at scale, Marketing Automation and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer-centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 800+ strategic thinkers, consultants, technology specialists, data scientists, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents. We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets.