Senior Cloud Engineer
Are you a skilled senior software or cloud engineer with a passion for machine learning and AI? Can you lead the translation of tangible issues into data driven products and would you like to work with some of world’s biggest brands in a successful agency? Then you might be just the Senior Cloud Engineer we’re looking for!
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Nordic is a unique organization, delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships.
With the brain of a consultancy and the heart of an agency, we work with some of the world’s most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma, and finance.
What will your day look like?
As our new Senior Cloud Engineer, you become part of our growing Data, Insights and AI team. Here, you will employ new technologies across multiple cloud platforms to help successful brands reach their next level in 1:1 retargeting, communication and CRM.
More specifically, your tasks include:
- Designing and developing components that handle low-latency, high-volume requirements on cloud vendors such as GCP, Alibaba Cloud and Azure
- Using your software engineering skills to deliver well engineered processing and data pipelines from MVP to production deployment
- Working with data scientists to develop robust and performing machine learning solutions
- Advising clients on how to utilize complex data processing and machine learning projects within the advitising domain across different architectures.
Who are you going to work with?
You join a team of highly skilled engineers, data scientists and consultants who are passionate about unlocking insights from data through analytics. You will also get to work closely with experts from other technology, creative and client teams.
What do you bring to the table?
As a person, you have a team player mindset and an open-minded attitude. You can communicate ideas and complex technical topics honestly and clearly – also to non-experts – while respecting the views of others on the team. This also means being able to quickly spot the opportunities and weaknesses in other people’s ideas. Providing consultant advice, you are eager to understand and find solutions, allowing you to quickly adapt to changing situations and come up with new ideas. At the same time, you solve problems in an analytical and pragmatic manner.
Moreover, you have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or similar
- Expert programming skills in Scala, Python, Java, C++ or similar
- 3+ years of experience with deployment to Alibaba Cloud, GCP, Azure or other cloud solutions, preferably within the advanced analytics domain
- Practical experience with all or some of the following:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Data processing with Spark/Hadoop
- Machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch or similar
- Infrastructure as code (IAC) like deployment manager, terraform, azure ressource maager
- Exceptional English skills, both spoken and in writing.
A global network, a Nordic family
At Wunderman Nordic, we are 450+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Center of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.