Junior Data Scientist
Are you an ambitious Data Scientist with a passion for machine learning and AI? Can you see yourself providing expert advice to clients on best practice within these technologies in order to help some of the world’s biggest brands reach their next level? Then you might just be the Junior Data Scientist we’re looking for!
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Thompson Marketing Automation & Personalisation Centre of Excellence (MAP CoE) is a unique organization, delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world’s most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma, and finance.
What will your day look like?
As our new Junior Data Scientist, you will join our ever-growing Data, Insights and AI Team. Here, you will learn to employ new technologies within AI and machine learning to help successful brands reach their next level in 1:1 communication and CRM. Full training and guidance will be shown in your tasks, which will include:
- Working with large bodies of image and text data to build machine learning MVPs
- Implementing solutions on AWS, GCP or Azure to facilitate batch and real-time processing of large amounts of data
- Working within the team to develop machine learning and AI solutions for our global customer base.
Who are you going to work with?
You join a team of hands-on highly skilled data scientists, consultants and data engineers who are passionate about unlocking insights from data through analytics. You will also get to work closely with experts from technology, creative, and client teams.
We value room for diversity, and we are proud of our multicultural environment and easy-going, yet dynamic atmosphere where we not only work together – we are great at having fun as well.
What do you bring to the table?
As a person, you have a team player mindset and an open-minded attitude. We imagine that you have recently finished a relevant master’s or PhD degree within natural sciences, health sciences, epidemiology, or similar and have a strong foundation in the scientific method and data analysis. You are interested in learning about business and applying your analytical competences in a context of digital marketing, helping global companies and brands make data-driven decisions. Moreover, you have:
- Programming skills in Python, R, Scala or similar
- Skills in statistics, mathematical modelling, economics, physics or similar
- Knowledge within data transformation using SQL, pandas or similar
- Experience with Scikit-learn, XGBoost or similar data science framework
- Familiarity with one or more of the following deep learning, NLP, and image analysis is desireable
- Familiairty with Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch or similar deep learning frameworks is desireable
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or similar is desirable
- Experience with the software development process is an advantage (Git)
- Great communication skills in English
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP CoE, we are 500+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Centre of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.