Junior Data Consultant
Are you eager to learn new technologies? Do you appreciate a free working environment where you get a high level of decision-making authority, but also the support you need? Can you turn business requirements into excellent data solutions? Then you might be the Data Consultant we are looking for!
A leader in personalized customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson Marketing Automation & Personalization Centre of Excellence (MAP CoE) helps large brands create personalized omnichannel customer experiences at scale.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands within sport, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharma and finance.
As a world leader in marketing automation, personalization, CRM, loyalty, and campaign management, we work closely with globally leading marketing technology vendors such as Adobe, Google and Salesforce, to continuously create cutting-edge marketing solutions and enhance our offering to our clients.
What will your day look like?
As our new Junior Data Consultant, you will join our ever-growing Data, Insights, and AI team. Here, you will learn to employ new technologies within AI and machine learning to help successful brands reach their next level in 1:1 communication and CRM and take part in the configuration and customization of client applications/platforms. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Analysing customer requirements to propose imaginative solutions
- Estimating the effort of successfully delivering solutions into production
- Configuring product features based upon specifications and design
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in the existing application/platform
- Supporting users in their use of the applications/platforms
- Configuring and enriching AI products with large bodies of image and text data
- Designing and configuring/running experiments and interpreting results with the help of statistical methods
- Presenting, analysing and visualising data results and insights
- Participating in the implementation of solutions on Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure for batch and real-time processing of large amounts of data
- Working through API documentation to support the design, implementation and configuration of solutions
- Consulting clients on the best course of action based on insights learned from machine learning.
Who are you going to work with?
You join a team of hands-on highly skilled data consultants in all flavours who are passionate about unlocking insights from data through analytics. You will also get to work closely with experts from technology, creative, and client teams.
What do you bring to the table?
We imagine that you have recently finished a relevant master’s or PhD degree that could be within natural, social or computer science and have a solid foundation in the scientific method and data analysis. You have a curious personality and are interested in learning about business and applying your analytical competences in a context of digital marketing, helping global companies and brands make data-driven decisions. In addition, you have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in computer science, mathematics, physics, economics or natural/life sciences
- Strong communication skills in English – both oral and written
- The ability to connect client and user requirements to actionable implementations which follows guidelines and best practices.
- Programming skills in Python, R, Java or similar
- Familiarity with Relational Databases and SQL
- Knowledge of one or more deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch - a benefit but not a requirement.
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with Adobe products or Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Amplitude
- Experience with Git based versioning control systems such as Github, Bitbucket or Gitlab
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Looker
- Good understanding of the email delivery production life-cycle and process.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP CoE, we are 700+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Centre of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.